- Location: Darlinghurst NSW, Darlinghurst NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
Shifts are 10am-1:30pm or 1:30pm-5pm Tuesday-Thursday.
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Music & Entertainment
A half an hour training/induction session will be run prior to commencement of the position.
The Australian Centre for Photography is looking for volunteers with an interest in art and/or photography to invigilate exhibitions in our Darlinghurst gallery. Volunteers will be required for 1 shift per week. (shifts are 3.5 hours in duration).
The Australian Centre for Photography (ACP) is the leading institution in Australia dedicated to the art of photography and lens-based media. Since 1974, the ACP has been a creative force in the cultural life of Australia, presenting the work of our most dynamic and diverse artists. The ACP presented the first major retrospectives of photographs by Max Dupain, Olive Cotton and Mervyn Bishop as well as the early exhibitions of works by Bill Henson, William Yang, Tracey Moffatt and Trent Parke.
The ACP holds at its core the vital contribution of artists and photographers in distilling and reflecting upon society, displaying a pluralism of perspectives and a breadth of artistic practice. Our exhibitions, education and community programs provide opportunities for audiences and peers to engage in a dynamic conversation about the significance of images, both past and present, within contemporary culture.
Volunteering with the ACP
• Meeting and greeting visitors, as the first point of contact in the gallery • Maintaining gallery tidiness and visitor and artwork safety and security • Assisting with exhibition openings and public programs • Representing the face of the ACP to members of the public • Ensure all visitors have a positive and rewarding visit to the ACP.
• Opening and closing the gallery. • Starting up and shutting down any Audio Visual equipment. • Processing retail sales. • Recording visitor numbers. • Answering questions about our current and future exhibitions • Promoting ACP exhibitions and courses.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.