- Location: Morphett Vale SA, Woodcroft SA, Noarlunga Centre SA, Christie Downs SA, Huntfield Heights SA, Reynella SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
The role requires a commitment of approx. 1-2 hours per week across a minimum of 18 weeks.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Online training component as well as attend a 1 hour face to face training.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Skills required for this position include: Good verbal communication skills; friendly and positive attitude; able to communicate well with young people; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; understanding of factors affecting students from financially disadvantaged families; experience in working in the education sector or currently studying the field of education.
Desirable experience: Previous experience in working with children/ youth.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boyz Biz Mentor provides assistance in role modelling, personal development, & skills to students who attend the Boyz Biz Learning Club through utilising training and resources provided by The Smith Family. The role requires a minimum 18 weeks commitment, approx 1-2 hours per week.
Assist participants in developing life skills. Assist in setting up Boyz Biz Learning Club each week. Assist with goal setting in collaboration with student and LC Coordinator and TSF staff and record progress of student development. Assist with supervision and behaviour management of participants.