- Location: Emerton NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Other
The store is open Monday- Friday 9am-3pm Volunteer hours to be discussed with the store supervisor
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Retail & Sales
Brief orientation provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to help with the " day to day" operations of the Ignite Food Store. A community development project, The Food Store and Op Shop is one of a number of Social Service programs operating within a partnership between Jesuit Social Services and the Jesuit Parish of Holy Family, Emerton in Western Sydney.
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential. Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community. We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research. The vision for Social Services at Holy Family is to bring together principles of community development, social justice and social enterprise in order to enhance both the mission of the parish and the lives of the local community, by promoting health, well being and social inclusion. This is being done through the:
- Supply of quality, low cost food and clothing to the local community
- Provision of accredited work-based training and employment options.
- Development of a community space that addresses social isolation
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER'S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Picking up and or unloading goods from truck and van
- Sorting goods for shelves
- Stacking shelves and following pricing guide as set by the Store Manager
- Cleaning of the shop, store room and back dock areas and front of Store
- Customer enquiries and directing new customers on how to use the shop model
- Helping customers with shopping to their car and returning the trolleys to the Store
- May need to accompany the driver on pickup’s and deliveries
- Other duties, as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Successful Interview and Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.
All Volunteers sign on when arriving and sign out when leaving using the sign on book provided