- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Brisbane City QLD, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
8 – 10 hours per month
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
General Induction & Training will be provided for the role
- National Police Certificate *
• Must have sound knowledge of Special Olympics
• Must have prior experience of the disability sector
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Sports Advisory Group shall be composed of a maximum of seven members and a minimum of four members with a sound knowledge of the Special Olympics Movement and experience in some or all of the following areas.-
- World Games knowledge and experience
- Club ,State and National event knowledge and experience
- Sports specific Technical knowledge and experience
- Sound Knowledge of Special Olympics General Rules and Sports Rules
- Event Management experience
- Sports management experience or equivalent experience.
The group must include: - One member of the Special Olympics Australia Board – appointed by the Board GM Sports Development
Appointment and Term
Individuals are appointed to the group by the General Manager of Sport or the CEO of Special Olympics Australia. Members will serve for an initial period of four years, considering the World Games four-year cycle. A staggered rotation of members is to be adopted. Members may apply for and hold subsequent terms by request. Members may hold subsequent terms by invitation from The General manager for Sports Development and or the CEO of Special Olympics Australia.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.