- Location: Fortitude Valley QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Volunteer shifts are Sunday 9:00am to 4:00pm (not negotiable) either weekly or fortnightly.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Mediation & Advocacy
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
All applicants will be forwarded a link to a quick online registration form with their expression of interest notification. This form must be competed and returned to be considered for the position.
Once we have received your form we will be in contact with you to discuss the position further.
Because you will be spending time with vulnerable people, and to keep all volunteers, staff, clients and the general public safe, it is a requirement that all active Wesley Mission Queensland volunteers have a current security check on file at all times. Wesley Mission Queensland will accept one of the following current (more than three months due to expire) security checks:
* Federal Police Check
* Volunteer Police Check
* Working with People with Disabilities Yellow Card or Exemption Card
* Working with Children Blue Card or Exemption Card
If you do not have a security check they can be supplied and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Sunday Lunch Community Meal program is looking for volunteers to assist with organising a two course lunch on Sundays between 9am to 4pm. As a member of a large team, you will be responsible for the preparation, service and cleaning of the Community Meal area.
The Community Meal Service is part of Wesley Mission Queensland’s Brisbane Relief Hub situated at 316 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley, 4006. The service has been serving people who find themselves in times of hardship since 2005. The service provides a vital lifeline for those who are isolated, disadvantaged, homeless or with insufficient resources, who live with mental health issues or addictions; domestic violence or poverty. The inclusive nature of the meal is a unique drawcard for those who attend where they can interact with others and eat a meal together in a safe and respectful environment.
Community Meal is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team who really are making a difference in the lives of people in our local community.
For more information on Community Meal please visit the Wesley Mission Queensland website.
For more information on our Community Meal Program please visit the Wesley Mission Queensland website.
Initial orientation is required before commencement.
We look forward to hearing from you!