- Location: Brigadoon WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Flexible - can be undertaken remotely
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
HorsePower Australia Previously known as Riding for the Disabled Association of WA has been providing life changing equine facilitated programs to people with physical, intellectual, emotional and social challenges for over 47 years. We believe with the horse and human combination we can get more support from the West Australian public. Given Australia's love of horses, we believe the more West Aussies hear about our work with horses to help people take their first steps, speak their first words and improve their physical and mental health in the news - the better chance we have of transforming lives one hoof-beat at a time!
We are looking for a PR Guru to help us spread the word of the difference we make in the community. This is ideally a long term role. Duties include
- determine media priorities in consultation with the Executive Officer
- develop strategies to grow and maintain public support for the charity
- prepare briefings for local and metropolitan media
- monitor new and emerging media for opportunities to promote the charity
- provide support to fund-raising and public awareness events
Skills and Experience:
- Writing and editing documentation including press releases
- Experience working with different avenues of media
- Some degree of copywriting
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.