- Location: Cheltenham SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Board Members are expected to attend a monthly meeting of approximately three hours and to read meeting papers in advance. Members are also asked to volunteer for events and fundraising on an as-needed basis. Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Seniors & Aged Care
- National Police Certificate *
DCSI Screenings for Aged and people living with a Disability.
Board members have a duty to:
- Act in good faith and for proper purposes
- Act with reasonable care, skill and diligence
- Not to dishonestly use position or information
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Passion for helping older members of the community, people of culturally and linguistically diverse communities, and people with disabilities
- Eagerness to participate at every meeting and willing to prepare ahead for meetings
- Good organisational skills and communications skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with others to achieve outcomes
- Strong desire for stewardship to others
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Maltese Aged Care Association of South Australia (MACASA) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Cheltenham. We provide meals and social support for older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We have an immediate vacancy available on our Board for the volunteer position of Secretary. The Board meet monthly to review and manage the organisation.
The Secretary is primarily responsible for the documentation and communication of all Board activities. The role provides support for the Chair of the Board by assisting with meeting organisation. The Secretary is responsible for preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, ensuring minutes are recorded and circulated and receiving and disseminating correspondence to the Board.
Skills required: • Strong organisational skills; • excellent written and oral communication skills; • proven ability to work independently and to meet deadlines; • Prior experience on with a not-for-profit organisation or on a board is highly desirable.
Board members must reside in South Australia.
Members of the Maltese community are highly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach your resume with a statement addressing the following questions: • Why are you applying for this position? • Are you currently or have you ever been a member of any boards or committees? • What skills do you think you can bring to the MACASA Board?