- Location: Mount Ommaney QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
Mondays 9.30 - 12pm Work remotely from home in your free time. Approx 8 hours per week
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
Initial training then ongoing support as needed
- Working with Children Check *
• Able to volunteer up to 8 hours per week.
• Available on Mondays for team meeting in Mt Ommaney
• Computer literate, competent using Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use own phone and computer and work from home
This role will involve
• Coordinating weekly roster assigning drivers to athletes
• Maintain volunteer database including blue card system
• Assist with recruitment and retention of volunteers
• Build on development of volunteer program
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Pushing Barriers is an emerging NFP organisation supporting refugee youth to be included and welcomed into the community through club sport. By offering financial and logistical help, Pushing Barriers supported 62 young people in 2019 to play sport. We rely on a team of volunteer drivers to assist with transporting players to training and games.
We are seeking a highly organised person to coordinate our volunteer program. Currently we have 30 volunteers to support and ideally we are looking for the right person to develop and grow our volunteer program.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to support refugee youth in our community and preferably have some knowledge of club sport.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.