- Location: Tuart Hill WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
All day or shifts 9.30am - 1.00pm, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Fundraising & Events
induction and on-the-job training
- National Police Certificate *
Volunteers will need to:
- Be enthusasitc and ready to learn
- Be reliable and committed
- Great use of initiative
- Be able to help customers and chat to them
- Accept donations brought to the shop
- Clean and maintain tidy shop display areas and merchandise
- Restock merchandise as required
- Finalise sales and undertake daily financial procedures
- Participate in relevant training and meetings
- Apply safe workplace practices
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Why volunteer with us? It’s fun. Whether it’s dressing a shop window, serving and chatting with our customers while you tell them about the fabulous items we sell, or sorting stock in the backroom, there’s a great social aspect to volunteering. You’ll be part of a great team. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, they are of all ages, friendly and dedicated, and just waiting to welcome you as part of our brilliant team.
You’ll be making a difference. The work that you do will be helping change the lives of children. All profits from our store support vulnerable kids here in Australia and overseas through programs that keep them healthy, in school and protected from abuse.
All profits from our Op Shops support vulnerable kids here in Australia and overseas through Save the Children’s programs that keep them healthy, in school and protected from neglect, exploitation and violence. And when disasters like bushfires or cyclones strike, we’re there to give them the care and support they need. In fact, over the last six years Save the Children Op Shops have helped raise over $30 million to support children and families in need in Australia.
The role of Retail Shop Assistant involves: -Opening and closing the Store as required -Be responsible for the key and cash-up procedures -Processing sales on register – cash and eftpos -Sorting and categorising donations -Pricing, hanging and displaying stock -Filling shop displays from excess in backroom -Customer Service – greeting and assisting customers -General housekeeping duties -Organise for returns to be sent back to the Warehouse -Maintaining an organized and tidy back room