- Location: Bexley NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
6 hours per week between 9am and 3pm, Mon, Tues, Wed or Fri
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and buddy system
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Greenwood Cottage is a day centre in Bexley, offering social opportunities for older people living in the St George Area. We are run by The Benevolent Society. All successful volunteers will receive orientation/ induction and ongoing support in the role. Volunteers work closely with the staff and drivers to provide our clients with a safe supportive and comfortable experience. This includes going on the bus to pick up and drop of clients to their homes and assisting clients with activities whilst at the centre.
- Supporting clients to access and exit the bus safely
- Assisting clients with mobility needs
- Assisting clients with craft activities, floor games and quizzes
- Providing companionship and conversation to clients during transportation or activity time.
- We value and actively recognise our volunteers both internally and externally in a way that is meaningful to them.
- We on board volunteers as we do our staff to ensure they feel aligned, informed and safe to perform their duties.
- We invest in developing opportunities to grow with us through training, performance review and upskilling or transitioning into employment.
- We manage by engaging our volunteers in ways that enable them to feel valued, connected and successful in their role following on above the line culture.
- Buddy up system in place.
- Lunch is provided.