- Location: Across: Ringwood VIC, Byron Bay NSW, Ballina NSW, Coffs Harbour NSW, Lismore NSW, Mullumbimby NSW, Bellingen NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Regional Representatives volunteer for 10 to 14 hours per month, including some weekends.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Retail & Sales
You will receive training in our processes and procedures, as well as in the aspects of the role that are new to you, such as team management, recruitment, communications, or event coordination.
Approved costs are reimbursed
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Working with Children Check *
You must have permission to volunteer in Australia, as well as a driver's licence and your own car. You will also need space to store merchandise and equipment.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Are you interested in joining like-minded people to help save orangutans and rainforests?
The Orangutan Project is expanding and we're looking for a Regional Representative for our new Northern Rivers fundraising team. Regional Representatives are one of the most important roles to help us grow, and the time to join us is now!
About the role of Northern Rivers Regional Representative The role of Regional Representative is primarily about team management, fundraising and event coordination.
Regional Representatives play a central role in The Orangutan Project to raise much-needed funds to save orangutans and their rainforest homes.
The role includes:
- recruiting and training volunteers
- managing your team of volunteers
- planning and coordinating events
- booking and managing stalls at markets and community festivals
- managing and orderingn merchandise
- banking funds raised
- communicating regularly with your volunteers
- reporting on your plans and activities
- communicating regularly with TOP staff and the Volunteers Fundraising Manager
- attending regular online Rep Meetings to support and learn from your fellow Reps
You will need to be available to volunteer for 12 to 20 hours per month, including weekends and evenings. Hours will vary, depending on the time of year and the activities you have planned.
About you You're passionate about the environment, especially about saving orangutans and other species from extinction and protecting rainforests we all rely on.
You are an excellent communicator and love getting out and about in your local community. You have time and energy to put into this role, including volunteering on weekends and evenings.
You have experience in one or more of these key tasks:
- Team management
- Event coordination
This role is a great opportunity to build on your skills and experience and contribute to your career goals. You will receive training in any skills that you don't yet have.
Most importantly, you're looking for a fun, dynamic role that's full of variety and capacity to grow. You're looking to use your skills and knowledge with a reputable environmental charity and make a real difference to some of the world's most precious environments.
If you're interested in finding out more, please apply through this ad. We will send you an application form and the Position Description.
About The Orangutan Project Volunteering with the Orangutan Project, you’ll meet passionate people who are making a difference to help orangutans and the forest communities who share their home. Best of all, 100 per cent of the donations you collect go directly to supporting orangutan conservation.
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. Our volunteers help raise much-needed funds and awareness about the urgent need for conservation of Critically Endangered orangutans, other species, and their forests. We are always delighted to welcome new volunteers from diverse backgrounds to The Orangutan Project.