- Location: Across: Long Jetty NSW, Sydney NSW, Newcastle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
If you have a little spare time (7 hours per week) for a 3 month commitment and would like to give back to the environment, we would love to hear from you.
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
Take 3 Ltd - Position Description
Position Title: Business Development Assistant (Volunteer)
Reports To: Partnerships Manager
Take 3 is a not-for profit organisation established in 2009 and based in NSW, Australia.
Plastic pollution is killing wildlife, devastating oceans and threatening the health of our planet. Through education that inspires participation, Take 3 are building a global movement of people who are connected to the planet.
Take 3 believes in simple actions to address complex problems… Simply, Take 3 pieces of rubbish with you when you leave the beach, waterway or...anywhere, and you have made a difference.
Today, our impact is truly global with participants sharing their hashtag Take3fortheSea in 129 countries upwards of 100,000 times through social media. Take 3 have educated over 400,000 peopl****e across Australia through Take 3 Education Programs while Take 3's global community is projected to remove up to 10 million pieces of plastic from the environment each year.
Take 3 is currently looking for an enthusiastic, committed and motivated volunteer with a passion to support our mission of reducing plastic pollution globally.
Given the rapid expansion of Take 3 and the desire to further accelerate the organisations growth, the need has been identified for a Business Development Assistant. The volunteer role will work closely with the Partnerships Manager to support the efforts of the Take 3 Partnerships team.
If you have a little spare time, up to 7 hours per week, for a 3 month commitment and would like to give back to the environment we would love to hear from you.
Key Result Areas
- Awareness raising
- Research prospects: Identifying corporate, non-for profits and governmental organisations ideal for Take 3 partnerships.
- Become familiar with Take 3’s history, to ensure confidence when promoting the charity
- Seeking out new opportunities, markets and grants
- Understanding and respecting the Take 3 values
- Being a Take 3 Ambassador - Representing the Take 3 brand at community and corporate events
- Creating new sales leads by actively promoting Take 3 Partnership/Program offerings to new audiences
- Sending out cold emails and make cold calls to generate sales leads
- Responding to incoming leads to increase client base Corporate Relationship Building
- Provide excellent customer service to build and maintain
- relationships with potential clients over the phone
- Build rapport with new clients during initial stages of the sales pipeline
- Liaise with clients and project managers to maintain positive relationships
- Provide ongoing support to Take 3 Partnerships team
- Schedule meetings between potential clients and Partnerships Manager
- Monthly WIP meetings - Reporting monthly on work progress to the Partnerships Manager
| | | --- | | |
- Previous experience in business management or administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.