- Location: Hervey Bay QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role take place at the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on Wednesdays, between 10am and 2pm.
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more**!**
Get your togs on, it’s time to make a splash in your new volunteer opportunity!
We really don’t need any excuse to dive into a big sparkling blue pool on a warm Queensland day. We already know you agree, so now all that’s left is for you get your swim bag ready, join us as a volunteer swimming assistant and enjoy the pleasure of being in the water with other aqua people in your local community!
As the Volunteer Swimming Assistant you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging and motivate clients in the water.
- Observe client’s safety in the water and report to facilitator/life guard if risks arrive.
- Assist with collection of swimming equipment for return to the service centre.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
**This volunteer role take place at the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on Wednesdays, between 10am and 2pm. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.