- Location: Maryborough QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role will take place for one hour per week on a day convenient to you (Monday-Friday).
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Have you done your ten thousand steps today? Stroll right into your new volunteer role!
An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! But did you know; walking, talking and volunteering have all been proven to have many wonderful health benefits. While we can’t promise apple pie (though you’re welcome to bring you own if you share!), we do have the opportunity for an awesome volunteer to join us weekly at CPL’s Maryborough service, and take gentle walks round the block with a Maryborough local!
As the volunteer Social Companion – Walking Buddy you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Creating positive social connections with a client on gentle walks around the block
- Sharing your passion of connecting with others while enjoying the fresh air outdoors
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
**This volunteer role will take place for one hour per week on a day convenient to you (Monday-Friday). **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!