- Location: Across: Brisbane City QLD, Melbourne VIC, Sydney NSW, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Canberra ACT, Darwin NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Part time - Minimum of 5 days per month
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
An opportunity has arisen to join the Australian Earth Laws Alliance (AELA) as a volunteer Fundraising Officer.
Who is AELA?
AELA is a not-for-profit organisation working to increase the understanding and practical implementation of Earth centred governance in Australia – with a focus on law, economics, ethics, Ecospirituality, education and the arts.
For information about AELA’s programs, events and partnerships, please visit our website.
The Fundraising Officer will work with the AELA Board of Directors, AELA National Convenor and AELA Coordinating Hub, to develop fundraising strategies and actions.
The Fundraising Officer role will be responsible for coordinating AELA’s fundraising program. This role will work in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver fundraising campaigns, events, and provide advice about how to effectively administer AELA’s fundraising program.
The position can be based anywhere in Australia, and can work remotely with the AELA Team. The National Convenor and Coordinating Team are based in Brisbane.
The person for this position …
We are looking for a creative, organised and experienced fundraiser, comfortable using technology platforms and managing data, who works well as part of a team and will enjoy the challenge of helping an organisation build a diverse funding base.
Why volunteer with AELA?
The successful applicant will work in a unique, multi-disciplinary organisation, that is creating and implementing a range of deep ecology, law and governance, economics, arts, education and other programs that are at the cutting edge of environmental governance and systems thinking.
Volunteering with AELA opens up a world of fascinating events, contacts and knowledge systems. AELA Volunteers are invited to attend AELA conferences and other events, and to participate in training about Earth jurisprudence/Earth centred governance and Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
Coordinate and implement AELA's Strategic Fundraising Program that aims to:
- Support existing donors
- Identify, engage and secure new donors and philanthropic organisations
- Create meaningful opportunities for donors and potential donors to engage with the work of AELA
- Identify grant opportunities and facilitate grant applications processes and grant progress tracking
- Assist in setting up a range of systems for managing grants and a higher level of funding for the organisation
- Coordinate the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with current and future donors and funders, including major donors and regular giving donors
- Coordinate AELA’s grant program, including providing support to internal decision making regarding potential funding applications
- Identify, document and coordinate funding opportunities
- Contribute to the development and direction of external fundraising and stakeholder communications and publications including newsletters and annual reports
- Help with the development of AELA’s fundraising infrastructure and compliance obligations
- Professionally and effectively promote and publicise AELA’s work
- Undertake quarterly reporting and other organisational reporting and analysis on fundraising outcomes
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role
This job description outlines the current duties and responsibilities of the position. These will be reviewed on a regular basis with the position holder and are subject to change according to the needs and priorities of the Australian Earth Laws Alliance.