- Location: Woolloongabba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
Commit to a regular weekday shift 6am to 10am for a minimum 3 month period. Shift duration 4 hours.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
6 modules of corporate on-line mandatory training Volunteer Handbook and Worksheet Questionnaire
Nil reimbursements, however we can provide free car parking and a meal voucher after a 4-hour shift.
•Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD)
It is a requirement if serving in this role for the volunteer to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough). Vaccinations can be provided by the Volunteer Services Unit if requested.
•Criminal History Check and Reference Check completed by the Volunteer Services Unit
Ushers enhance the overall experience of patients and visitors arriving a the main entry of our hospital. They are integral to help ease the anxiety sometimes experienced when visiting a large hospital such as ours. Ushers greet clients at the and assist people alighting and departing from vehicles in the drop-off zone. Ushers need a friendly and welcoming disposition and use their problem-solving abilities to provide our clients with a positive interaction at the start of their journey with us.
This role is positioned outside at the main entry of building one and volunteers are generally rostered on in teams of two.
Patients start arriving from 6am, well before their scheduled admission time, and we want to provide a welcoming experience for everyone.
- Welcome patients and visitors and put them at ease
- Open car doors for patients and visitors being dropped-off or picked-up
- Provide information on appropriate and available parking
- Provide directions for patients and visitors to appointment destinations or to the Information Counter as appropriate
- When appropriate, transport patients who have their own wheelchair or have obtained a hospital ‘Swifi’ wheelchair between vehicles and Information/Admission counter
- Liaise with patients and visitors and the Courtesy Bus, Bourke St Bus, Taxi, Uber drivers and provide assistance where possible
- Volunteers need to present for an interview and be able to commit to a minimum of one shift a week for 3 months.
- Volunteers will undergo a criminal history check and reference check.
- If successful, volunteers will undergo onsite induction and training and then be scheduled to the roster by the Volunteers Services Unit.
- Volunteers will be assisted to provide mandatory Vaccine Preventable Disease evidence and any required vaccinations will be provided by the hospital.
- Limited on-site car parking will be provided.
- Meal Voucher for use in hospital cafeteria provided after a 4-hour shift.
Dates to consider
- We are preparing a 3-month roster to trial a 6am start time October to December. Recruitment will be on-going.