- Location: Moorooka QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Thursdays or Fridays 9am - 12pm
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity to express yourself creatively? Do you have experience in woodwork and want to share your passion?
If you love nothing more than wood crafting, creating new items out of old items and generally mucking about with odds and ends - then this volunteer role is perfect for you! CPL’s Moorooka service is seeking volunteers who would love to share their passion and skills in woodworking with our clients.
As a woodwork mentor you will be:
- Preparing the designated work area for the woodworking program.
- Assisting clients to put on protective clothing before embarking on their woodwork project eg. apron, protective eye wear and ear muffs if (using a power tool).
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests in woodwork.
- Supporting our service with wood work project ideas such as bird houses, small storage boxes, wooden crates for plants, wooden trays, restoring picture frames and any other small wooden items that our clients determine.
- Assisting staff and clients to tidy and clean the designated work area at the end of the program, which includes locking away tools, washing paint brushes and sweeping the area.
- Sharing your talent and expertise with staff to allow for ongoing projects.
This volunteer opportunity is available Thursday or Friday 9am - 12pm at Moorooka.
You will be provided with all equipment needed to participate in the volunteer opportunity, including protective equipment.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.