- Location: Salisbury SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
The Alliance meets on a Tuesday four times a year.
- People with disability
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Mediation & Advocacy
- National background screening is required (paid for by Council)
- Good communication skills and an interest in the community.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Salisbury Seniors Alliance is looking for more volunteers. The Alliance is a team of volunteers that inform council to support Salisbury to be an age friendly city where people of all ages can have a good life.
The volunteers share their ideas and advice on such things as the design of the Salisbury Community Hub, council's City Plan and age friendly outdoor exercise equipment.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.