- Location: Across: Queensland QLD, Brisbane City QLD, Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Darwin NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
We expect this may be between 5-8 hours a week depending on role and participants
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Writing & Editing
Marketing assistance will be provided. For the coordinator role - additional assistance will be provided where possible
The Women's Sport Network is a not-for-profit agency is looking for friendly, willing people to help us fill the vital fundraising roles within our organization.
WSN is a not for profit organisation delivering Women's Sports News and positive messaging around women in sports, and we are always on the lookout for good fundraising volunteer staff to help deliver this! We are beginning a growth period at the moment and there are a range of opportunities. As we have not done this before, we are looking for both an experienced fundraising coordinator who can manage and guide us, and fundraisers to assist.
About the Role
- Help community fundraising activities and awareness activities to help raise funds, generate and increase support and awareness in each city and across Australia.
- Actively look for prizes, sell tickets and support advocacy and fundraising events
- Help run our giveaway and fundraising events
- Proactively find speaking engagement opportunities for WSN Ambassadors to speak about women in sports
- Be active on our social media and share posts
- You can either:
- oversee and manage the fundraising organisation and structure on a national level - be a local champion in your area looking for opportunities for WSN to partner, speak or fundraise - be an event supporter by helping us promote an upcoming event for a community group
To be successful in this volunteering role you will have:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- 'Can-do' attitude and willingness to "whatever it takes".
- Strong organisational skills
- Be a team player.