- Location: Capalaba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
As least 3 hours per week.
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
On the job training will be provided
- Working with Children Check *
The volunteer will require a Working with Children Check and will need provide 100 points of identification.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
PURPOSE OF POSITION to ensure that all clients and visitors are welcomed to the Redland Community Centre (RCC) and their needs are attended to in an inclusive and non-judgemental environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES > To welcome clients and visitors to the Centre, > Receive incoming telephone calls and record messages. Pass on messages to staff members and counsellors via telephone or email. > Attend to enquiries both via telephone and face-to-face. > Check incoming emails and send emails as required. > Confirm appointments for counselling by sending SMS messages to clients. > Provide information to clients regarding Redland Community Centre services and activities. > Accept and record clients for the Centre’s Emergency Relief Program. > Accept and record referrals for Redland Community Centre services and activities. > Assist with day-to-day administrative and general tasks such as: · Photocopying · Posting and collecting mail · Restocking brochures, flyers and pamphlets · Ensuring Notice Boards are tidy and up-to-date · Shredding · Tidying the waiting area · Tidying the reception area · Other duties as required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A commitment to working for the voluntary sector;
- Administration experience or the ability to acquire experience in administration tasks;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Basic computer skills;
- A willingness to help others with kindness and compassion.