- Location: Capalaba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Various times avialable, however all Youth Reference Group Members will need to be available to attend monthly meetings at headspace Capalaba held outside of standard business hours (Tuesday once a month at 5pm).
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
Orientation and on the job training is provided with opportunity for further development.
- National Police Certificate *
All security checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them in a link when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: 1/29-37 Moreton Bay Road, Capalaba, 4157
headspace Capalaba is currently seeking Youth Reference Group volunteers aged 16-25. The group represents each state and territory and work with headspace to ensure young people's voices and opinions remain front and centre.
The Youth Reference Group is made up of a team of volunteers who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people. Hailing from all over Australia and from a diverse set of backgrounds, many of the Youth Reference team have experienced their own struggles but overcome them to become advocates of youth mental health.
Youth Reference Group Members are involved in:
- Attending monthly meetings at headspace Capalaba held outside of standard business hours (Tuesday once a month at 5pm)
- Advise on various issues and topics relating to Youth Mental Health and the headspace Capalaba centre
- Participating and assisting in activities
- Providing peer support
- Developing community awareness
- Maintain and update resources
- Participating in target group decisions
- Networking including promoting the program through word of mouth and networking leaving pamphlets at appropriate locations (e.g. community centres etc).
As part of our team of dedicated volunteers, you will be provided with training and support to perform your role efficiently and safely including the opportunity to develop your skills in the area of Youth Mental Health.
headspace Capalaba is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team who really are making a difference to the lives of youth in our community.