- Location: Parkdale VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A Community organisation providing aged care support requires volunteers to assist with physiotherapy support. Volunteers support our Physiotherapists and Allied Health staff with group exercise programs. Exercise programs include Better Balance, Gentle Exercise, Strength Training, Tai Chi and Hydrotherapy. Volunteers are usually rostered on for a couple of hours each week or fortnight. Volunteers are valued members of the team. They can choose which service they wish to participate in. All volunteers receive training and support. You must be aged 18 years and over, are required to undergo a police check and provide two referees prior to commencing. Out of business hours volunteering available. Volunteers with limited English or with a disability are welcome to apply. The roles are Centrelink approved for eligible participants.