- Location: Manly NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
Manly Yacht Club races on Sundays but you can elect to volunteer on a weekly, fortnightly or casual basis. Arrive at the club at 11:30am. Depending on conditions finish can be 3:30 to 5:30pm. Season starts in September and finishes in March.
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
MYC will provide you with hands-on training including operating the runabout, safety equipment and procedures
MYC will reimburse you 50% of the Australian Sailing Race Officer course cost (Full cost is $65) if you have not completed one in the last 3 years.
You must have a current NSW boat licence and complete a Race Officer training course if you have not completed one in the last 3 years.
Prior boating experience with runabouts is advantageous.
"Robbie R" is a bright yellow 4m. alum runabout with 9.9hp Mercury Outboard and your responsibility is to drive it around the Manly Cove area. There will be one other person onboard to handle the marks. Duties Robbie R carries out:
- Laying marks for start line, the race course and finish line
- Retrieval of marks
- Provide support to the Race Officer e.g checking wind conditions on other parts of the course
- Provide support to Laser fleet when required e.g towing a broken laser, helping sailors in the water.
Lunch is provided and a beverage after the race.