- Location: Perth WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
1 hour or so week, at a time that suits you and from your own home or workplace, should be more than enough - may vary week-to-week. 1 hour for training at commencement.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- National Police Certificate *
One personal and one professional volunteer
Some formal accounting training or experience
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Western Australian Animals Incorporated (WA Animals) was formed in 2018 to aid animals, pet owners, and the environment - through adoption, conservation, education, and direct assistance programs.
Our core achievement to date has been the rehoming of close to 400 animals in our first year of operations, whilst establishing and maintaining community-minded and professional operations. And now we're seeking more volunteers for many roles!
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your accounting skills to help a group like us?
Then we have the role for you!
We are looking for a volunteer to join our team as an accounts administrator - if looking for more involvement, you can also put your hand up for the treasurer committee position.
As we're a young organisation, we'd be particularly keen to have an experienced accountant join our team and help us learn too - but if you're early in your career but have a passion, then that's great too!
We have also moved to Xero at the start of this financial year - experience with this not required as long as you're happy to learn.
We will train you in our operations at the start, and then support you during your role. We don't expect workload to be onerous (an hour a week should be more than enough, and you can choose when), but relief can be provided as required.
Here's what we're looking for in our accounts volunteer:
- Some formal accounting training and/or experience
- Xero experience or willingness to learn
- Reliability, trustworthiness, and friendliness
Checks-wise, we need:
- National Police Clearance, or ability to obtain this (cost can be covered by us)
- One personal and one professional reference
Get in touch!
If this sounds like a good role for you, please contact us by using the form function - or send us an email.