- Location: Springfield QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role will take place every Tuesday, between 9am and 12pm OR 12.30pm and 3.30pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Music & Entertainment
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests.
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you the ultimate creative? Volunteer and make music with CPL!
How do bands usually make music? With guitars and drums? We can hear you saying, “tell me something new!” At CPL Springfield we’re true creatives; making music with unique objects – forget the piano, we’re playing the paintbrush! And it doesn’t stop there – we’re not just writing, creating and performing, we’re also playing Prince and producing all our own music using GarageBand software.
If you can think outside the box, play the drums on the box and then wrap the box up with a nice little bow using GarageBand software, we can’t wait for you to join us as a CPL GarageBand Music volunteer!
As the GarageBand Music Volunteer you will be:
- Supporting the studio facilitator (SF) with the GarageBand music program
- Supporting clients and SF to write music
- Supporting clients and SF to create and produce music on GarageBand software
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their musical interests
- Sharing your musical talent and expertise with clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
**This volunteer role will take place every Tuesday, between 9am and 12pm OR 12.30pm and 3.30pm. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.