- Location: Paralowie SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Between 8.30 am and 12 pm Fridays
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Working with Children Check *
- Adhere to and support LCC's policies and procedures.
- Model ethical behavior and practice consistent with Christian ethos of Lutheran
Community Care as outlined in the Code of Conduct and stated values.
- At all times provide a welcoming, hospitable atmosphere.
- Use safe work practices when working alone.
- Promote and adhere to LCC's Work Health Safety guidelines. Maintain a safe and
- Identify and act upon potential workplace hazards and identify and implement
procedures to manage and minimise risks within your team environment.
- Give reasonable notice to the Senior Financial Counsellor if you are unable to meet
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for people to present information sessions to groups seeking assistance through AMES.
To be considered, you will require the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- High level communication skills (listening, both verbal and written)
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be non judgemental and welcoming to people from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Have the ability to establish rapport
- Be able to develop and maintain a positive relationship with both clients and other service providers.
- Have desired commitment to regular volunteer service
- Desirable but not essential experience presenting in group situations
- Ability to modify and update presentation as required.
- Ability to treat fellow volunteers and clients with care, courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Be able to work in a team environment, show initiative and exercise good time management.