- Location: Sturt SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Time to be agreed with program coordinator, however, this is a role that requires some flexibility as the needs of our community change. Hours are between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Full induction and training provided
MIleage and moderate meal allowance
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Medical Check *
- National Police Certificate *
DHS clearances as required
You will need a full Australian driving licence and comprehensive car insurance.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you have a full Australian Driver's Licence and comprehensive car insurance? Join our program which promotes and delivers elderly independence, through a wellness and reablement approach, by assisting older people, people with disability and their carers with:
- Shopping assistance
- Friendly visits - coffee and a chat
- Assistance to complete forms
- Support to attend medical and allied health appointments
- Visiting relatives in hospital or nursing homes
- Support to attend social outings/exercise classes
- Minor decluttering
- Future Cuddly Companions program - pet support
- Exercises in the home
- Fish Feeders fishing program
The Social Support program is an immensely meaningful and rewarding program. No expertise is needed apart from enjoying a good conversation and having a big heart. In return, we'll provide you full training and ongoing support for the various roles.