- Location: Wynyard TAS
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
4 hours per month
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
Effective communication, Conflict resolution, Fisheries rules and regulations, Fisheries enforcement
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
We are currently seeking Volunteers looking to enter schools and deliver our Fishcare message being; “Fish for the future”. We have an educational package called Marine Links refer to our website. Persons interested in being trained to assist in delivering this package are encouraged to apply.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Educate people on how they can help promote sustainable marine recreational fishery and care for the marine environment.
- Talk to people including school children about marine recreational fisheries for at least 1 day a month.
- willing to educate people but not enforce the laws.
- Work within a team of passionate people wanting to care for their fishery.
- participate in regular learning sessions about fish species and the recreational fishery which may add to your own future professional development.
- Activity area covers the whole Cradle Coast region, but some intrastate travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
A desire to work in schools to promote responsible fishing activities with these children
An interest in recreational fishing would be desirable.
Be willing to promote the responsible recreational fishing to the general community at regular events such as local Agricultural shows.
Be willing to increase knowledge in the recreational fishing area through regularly provided training.
Reasonable standard of fitness
A current drivers licence would be desirable for the position
National police check
Current first aid certificate would be an advantage
Minimum age 16 years old.
Please note we are not Centrelink approved.