- Location: Devonport TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
weekday and some facilities allow weekend visits and 1-1.5 hours per visit per week
- Families with Children
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Working with Animals
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Police Check is essential for visiting aged care facilities and is organised by Delta Society.
Dogs have to pass a temperament test for suitability to visit aged care facilities and our volunteer also has training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our volunteer and their Delta Accredited Dog visit nursing homes weekly, fortnightly or on a roster basis with visits taking up to 1-1.5 hours. They visit residents at a nursing home, who can pat the dog, share in conversation and experience a boost to their wellbeing.