- Location: Wollongong NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Volunteers are required to attend a meeting once a month, generally occurring outside of business hours
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
Volunteers will be required to complete online induction modules.
A life changing experience!
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at Wollongong Branch are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join Make-A-Wish as their Branch Vice President. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
The Wollongong Branch has been supporting the community for 9 years, helping to make the unique wishes of local kids come true. This along with their varied fundraising activities has brought the team together creating a happy, friendly and welcoming team of volunteers.
As the Branch Vice President your main focus will be to support the Branch President in leading a group of passionate and diverse individuals towards Make-A-Wish Australia’s shared goal to make every eligible child’s wish come true at a community level. You will achieve this by:
- Motivating your branch volunteers, encouraging those with key roles to take ownership of their own areas of responsibility, along with the growth and development of others
- Advocating and championing the ‘one team’ culture between the Make-A-Wish office team and volunteers
- Facilitating engaging, collaborative and productive branch meetings
- Raising awareness in your local community
You will serve as Vice President for the remainder of the calendar year, before stepping into the Branch President role at the start of 2020.
You will be supported through this transition in the following ways:
- One-on-one mentoring from the current President who comes with 8 years of experience within the Wollongong Branch
- A dedicated Volunteer Programmes Team working alongside you, providing support as needed
- Online support via a specific President and Vice President group where you can connect with other volunteers performing the same role
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us.You have the opportunity to:
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you President-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources;
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships.
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired, are a natural born leader and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.