- Location: Across: New South Wales NSW, Queensland QLD, South Australia SA, Western Australia WA, Northern Territory NT, Victoria VIC, Tasmania TAS
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
If you are a skilled writer with a little spare time ( 7 hours per week) for a twelve week commitment and would like to give back to the environment we would love to hear from you.
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
Take 3 Ltd - Position Description
Position Title: Grant Writer Volunteer Reports To: Head of Programs
Take 3 is a not-for profit organisation established in 2009 and based in NSW, Australia.
Plastic pollution is killing wildlife, devastating oceans and threatening the health of our planet. Through education that inspires participation, Take 3 are building a global movement of people who are connected to the planet.
Take 3 believes in simple actions to address complex problems… Simply, Take 3 pieces of rubbish with you when you leave the beach, waterway or...anywhere, and you have made a difference.
Today, our impact is truly global with participants sharing their hashtag Take3fortheSea in 129 countries upwards of 100,000 times through social media. Take 3 have educated over 300,000 people across Australia through Take 3 Education Programs while Take 3's global community is projected to remove up to 10 million pieces of plastic from the environment each year.
Take 3 is currently looking for an enthusiastic, committed and motivated volunteer with a passion to assist Take 3 in securing additional grants and funding to support our mission of reducing plastic pollution globally.
The Grants Writer Volunteer will work closely with Take 3’s Head of Programs to write grant applications for the provision of Take 3 programs, events and initiatives.
Through a collaborative process with the Take 3 Team, you will help coordinate the development of content and submission of high quality applications.
If you are a skilled writer with a little spare time, 7 hours per week, for a twelve week commitment and would like to give back to the environment we would love to hear from you.
Key Result Areas
- Research and identify potential government, corporate and other funders.
- Develop well-researched, well-documented and well-written grant/sponsorship proposals.
- Identifying available grants, funding opportunities, philanthropic trusts, sponsorships and other sources of funds appropriate for Take 3.
- Identifying the appropriate Take 3 programs and initiatives which may be eligible for funding/grants.
- Preparing quality grants and funding submissions.
- Previous experience in writing submissions, reports, research and/or analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.