- Location: North Brighton SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Weeks days with variable times.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
Reimbursement for fuel usage and lunches.
- Working with Children Check *
Previous experience working in a sales or customer service role
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Effective prioritisation, organisation and time management skills
- Current Department of Human Services child-related employment screening clearance
- Highly motivated with a positive outlook
- Friendly manner
- Open to working within a team environment, and receiving feedback from others
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- being issued with a coin collection run (including address details of stores hosting coin collection units and a map)
- emptying donations from existing units and banking funds
- changing over and installing new units, upon approval from businesses
- securing new unit placements through prospecting new businesses in the area
- keeping records of stores visited and donations collected, using documentation provided by Minda
- Coin Collection Volunteers work in pairs
- volunteer safety is our top priority
Volunteers must adhere to Minda’s Motor Vehicle Use Procedure.