- Location: Mowbray TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday mornings | Wednesday 9am - 5pm | Friday mornings
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Ongoing position
- Monday mornings | Wednesday 9am - 5pm | Friday mornings
- Minimum time commitment of 4 hours per week
- Become a Red Cross Shop volunteer and give back in a whole new way
Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
Our Mowbray Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with store operations.
By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Provide customer service and process sales
- Create window and visual merchandising displays
- Sort donations and price products for sale
- Contribute your skills and help us raise money for those in need.
A minimum commitment of just four hours a week is required to volunteer. Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
As a Red Cross Shops volunteer, you’ll develop valuable retail skills while helping us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please contact Vanessa Perchard on 03 6326 5028.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.