- Location: Marayong NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1 hour per week -Monday to Sunday anytime.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday anytime
- Fluent Polish Speaking - Female
- Location: Marayong, Western Sydney
Red Cross supports elderly members of the community to be more independent, to improve their wellbeing and social connection, and to remain living in their local community. We do this by matching volunteers with an older person who lives in aged care or at home and experiences social isolation.
This role suits someone over the age of 18 who is a good listener and can commit to one hour a week for a social visit to older persons living in their home or residential aged care facilities.
As a Community Visitor Volunteer, you’ll brighten the life of someone suffering vulnerability by offering them company and friendship. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please contact Alice Anderson on (02) 9290 8933.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.