- Location: Rockhampton QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role is located in Rockhampton and takes place for 1 hour per week on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, at a set time between 9am and 1pm on your chosen day.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests.
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? . We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more**!**
Put on your best Cowboy boots and get in line, it’s kick off time for your new volunteer role!
Are you ready for the Stampede? Do you know the scores for every Cowboys game? Do you bring that stadium excitement when you’re watching from home? We know someone whose ready to get stuck into the season with you! And when you’re not cheering on the Cowboys, you don’t have to take off your cowboy hat because you’ll be sharing your love of country music at half time! Join CPL as a social companion and share your passion for rugby and country music with a Cowboys super fan.
As the volunteer Social Companion – NRL Fan you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Engaging in social activities with a client, centred around a mutual interest in sports and music
- Recommending and listening to music based on shared tastes
- Watching/listening to NRL matches with a client
- Sharing your skills and passion in NRL and country music with a client
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests in NRL and country music
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
**This volunteer role is located in Rockhampton and takes place for 1 hour per week on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, at a set time between 9am and 1pm on your chosen day. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.