- Location: Belconnen ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Family Services
Between 2 and 7 hours each fortnight on a Thursday
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
On the job
Can cover small amounts for petrol
- Working with Children Check *
To work at our fortnightly BBQ workers will need to:
- have a friendly personality, with good social skills;
- be capable of standing for extended periods of time, though chairs are provided for quieter times;
- be honest and trustworthy around money;
- be willing to work hard and have a little fun and a laugh.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
If you have any time to spare once a fortnight on a Thursday we would love to hear from you. Please consider coming and giving us a hand. The type of work includes bbq'ing sausages, preparing the sandwiches, taking orders and serving the customers. The day is usually a fun and social experience.
Sanctuary Aus is a community-based child and family service that works hard to maximise the support they can offer Canberra’s vulnerable children and families. Sanctuary Aus is a registered charity. To date, 100% of Sanctuary workers are volunteers, including our supporters, staff, management and Board of Directors.
Sanctuary Aus are fortunate in obtaining support from Bunnings, who provide us the opportunity to run a fundraising BBQ each fortnight, with the funds covering our insurances and the support needs of our clients. We always have at least three staff working at the BBQ to cover cooking on the BBQ, serving the sausage sandwiches and drinks and providing customer service. The team are usually a friendly, happy and motivated crew and usually have a lot of fun together.