- Location: South Brisbane QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Shifts are roughly 3 hours each. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one volunteer shift per fortnight for at least 12 months.
Absolutely! We want you to have the best possible experience. Successful applicants receive complete on-boarding, training and support, and you’ll be working with our Livewire Facilitators.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
You must be aged 18 or older to apply
Successful applicants will need to comply with our vaccination policy.
Further, Starlight's vision for reconciliation is to embed values of awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Livewire Program Volunteers (Brisbane) Do you want to make a positive impact in the lives of sick teens? Livewire is the volunteer opportunity for you! Starlight Children's Foundation brightens the lives of seriously ill and hospitalised children and young people. Developed to specifically address the needs of seriously ill teens, our Livewire program gives them the chance to connect with others, engage in creative projects and improve their wellbeing. In hospital, Livewire delivers workshops and awesome activities to teens in the hospital wards. We also run evening sessions. We rely on a team of wonderful volunteers to help run the program. Our volunteers are positive, fun and love to make a difference in people’s lives! The best part? You can join them! If you:
- Understand youth culture and can quickly build rapport with young people
- Are comfortable with electronic games, music (bonus points if you play an instrument!), board and card games, movies, chatting, art, crafts etc
- Are creative, with fun interests and hobbies
- Have wonderful interpersonal skills
- Experience working with young people