- Location: New Farm QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1-2hr per fortnight
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Diversicare Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) engages volunteers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to make regular visits to older people from CALD backgrounds living in residential facilities who are socially isolated or are at risk of social isolation or loneliness. Diversicare CVS is currently seeking English speaking volunteers to visit elderly people in residential homes located in New Farm QLD who would benefit from ongoing friendship. Volunteering as a community visitor can be a rewarding experience. By forging friendship with an older person, volunteers have a chance to make a positive difference to their life – as well as their own. Mandatory requirements are:
- You need to be warm, caring and reliable
- Be able to commit to at least 1-2hr visit per fortnight
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Have a current and satisfactory Police Check or the ability to obtain one.
- Be able to supply two referees
To register your interest in volunteering please apply below.