- Location: Annerley QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Varies depending on level of involvement
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Education & Training
- Music & Entertainment
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Working with Children Check *
Must hold a blue card
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Fun Learning is what these shows are all about. Shows are the Braille Awareness Program for Braille House.
Shows include Storytelling, Craft, Puppetry and Games.
Volunteers must be committed to and support Braille House work and mission.
You don't need to know any Braille but you must be willing to travel around Brisbane performing for children. This also includes the monthly shows at Braille House on the first Monday each month.
We are seeking volunteers who enjoy working with children and are available during the day to perform at various locations around Brisbane.
Volunteers could be from any background, however, clowning, acting or prior experience with children's shows would be a distinct advantage. Tasks include:
• Plan and run a 1- 1.5 hour show • Plan a theme and select library books and craft that match that theme • Assist with set-up or clean-up on the day • Talk to parents and teachers about the shows and future bookings