- Location: Northbridge WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
3-5 hours per week on Tuesday mornings 730-1030 (shift time)
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
• Your chance to make a real difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness. • Contribute to the growth and success of Orange Sky Australia's services. • Opportunities for professional development and employment.
YOUR NEW FAMILY: Orange Sky Australia, founded in 2014 by friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, is a not-for-profit organisation providing free mobile laundry and shower services to people experiencing homelessness. Through a network of 29+ vans and 1600+ amazing volunteers, our services are now positively connecting communities all around Australia.
YOUR NEW ROLE: As a Team Leader, you will be required to go out on shift once a week and make sure the van greets our friends with your group of volunteers. As the Team Leader, you will be expected to communicate effectively with your team and the Service Managers as well as with other members of our OS Family. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- This shift will be weekly on Tuesday mornings between 7.30am & 10.30am allowing half hour each side for van pickup.
- Checkin with volunteers in your team and update rosters as required to ensure a team is ready for each week.
- Ensure shift runs smoothly each week.
- Train new volunteers as required.
- Communicating shift reports and incidents to our management team
- Is mandatory to be part of a driving roster with other team members to pick up van from Northbridge where the van is also located and take to shift
To be successful, you will be organised, great with people, and have a genuine passion for helping others. You will be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Please submit an expression of interest here and you'll receive an automatic e-mail with details for how to apply or GO TO THE ORANGE SKY WEBSITE TO APPLY.
For further information about Orange Sky, please check out our website, Facebook, twitter or youtube us.