- Location: Malvern East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
Commitment is negotiable/flexible. Initial meeting with coordinator will be required and continual contact by phone, email or in person once job is accepted.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
No training provided. It is a learn as you go opportunity; you learn about how we do what we do. The expertise will need to be what you bring to the table, along with a sense of humour.
- No other formal checks initially required
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Avalon Centre.
We are seeking a digitally savvy person with extensive experience in marketing and PR to provide ongoing support in the development and implementation of our marketing and PR strategy.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
We have a new initiative - ‘Avalon Homes for the Homeless’ and we need your help to gain exposure locally and nationally. As a growing not-for-profit, we are conscious of the need to improve our communication and marketing. We are new to the world of marketing and would be grateful for any help that could be provided. We are keen to start as soon as possible but we are flexible on where, when and how this assistance is provided.
Skills and Experience:
You will need to be someone with experience in media and communications who can help us with:
- Writing and producing press releases
- Organising Press and advertising events
- Some degree of copywriting
- Obtaining national and local exposure over all forms of media, printed, audio and digital
- Publicity strategies
- This role will help us to help those in desperate need of housing and support in a way that we currently do not know how to do ourselves