- Location: Abbotsford VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
Every fourth Saturday of the month for two hours in the morning, either 8am - 10am or 10am - 12pm.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
Be physically able to stand on feet for 2 hours.
Our carpark volunteers provide vital support in our carpark on market days. They are a welcoming face on entry and assist with managing the carpark and helping with any issues / queries as required.
This role is great for any lovers of the Abbotsford Convent, anyone who likes to meet new people, and those who enjoy attending farmers’ markets!
- Minimum one shift every two months (2 hours)
- Shifts are first Saturday of the month, 8am – 10am or 10am – 12pm
- Preferred 6 month minimum commitment
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome drivers and respond to any queries
- Give basic visitor information, including directions
- Direct cars to free spaces
- Ensure cars are parking close to each other in the gravel section and in accordance with the preferred layout
- Keep a watch on traffic at the boomgates and assist with any issues
Preferred Experience and Interpersonal Skills
- Friendly manner and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- A willingness to work outside
- Reliability and ability to work in a small team
- Ability to demonstrate and display ACF’s values and behaviours
- Independence to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- A willingness to respect and value health, wellbeing and safety in the workplace
What we will provide you with
- Training for the role
- Free car parking whilst volunteering
- Invites to volunteer functions and exclusive ACF events
- The opportunity to interact with new people
- The chance to make a positive and personal contribution to the community
- A coffee/tea from a café onsite during your shift
How to Apply
Fill out a registration form on our website, under Support Us>Volunteer>Become a Volunteer.
For any enquiries, please contact: Alice Brush, Volunteer and Admin Coordinator 03 9415 3614