- Location: Camberwell VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
This is a short term project. The volunteer working on this project will be required to attend an induction and deliver the training at CCA's office in Camberwell. The development of the training session can be either at the CCA office or at an off-site location.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Organisation induction - Brief of project requirements
- National Police Certificate *
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Crohn's & Colitis Australia.
Do you have experience in developing and delivering training? We are seeking a volunteer to develop and deliver training, both face to face and online for a specific group of volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver training for Crohn's & Colitis Australia's peer support volunteers
- These volunteers lead support groups across the country and will often encounter conversations that are difficult. This can include discussion with group attendees that are disruptive members of the group, or how to respond to members that have disclosed personal information that is causing them distress.
Skills and Experience:
- Developing training to a specific audience
- Delivering training to a group in both a face-to-face and online methods
- Support volunteers in enhancing their skills as a support group leader
- Provide better outcomes for those that attend support groups
- Make a very meaningful contribution to a small team