- Location: North Hobart TAS, Launceston TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Service Centre Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (hours may vary)
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tutoring & Coaching
On the job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Experience or willingness to support people with disabilities to achieve their goals in the workplace
• Provide assistance and guidance to help build confidence and maintain self-esteem
• Good communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
• The ability to build and maintain relationships, whilst demonstrating an awareness of and respect for interpersonal diversity with both internal and external stakeholders
• Current drivers licence is advantageous however not essential
• A willingness to undertake continuous learning
• Preparedness to take initiative and be solutions focused
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
• Auslan or second Language not essential but advantageous
• Ability to work in ways that are congruent with EPIC’s values and non-negotiable behaviours
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Volunteer Role reports to the Regional Coordinator. The purpose of the role is to assist individuals with disability, mental illness, injury or health conditions to maintain sustainable employment in the open labour market.
The ambassador will provide person centred assistance that will vary depending on the individual needs of each participant to achieve greater social inclusion through workforce participation and support in the workplace.
The ambassador will need to be understanding, compassionate and show patience to support those who face different and varying challenges on a daily basis. Guidance, direction and encouragement will be required in order to assist our participant complete tasks and achieve to the best of their potential.