- Location: Camden Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1 hour per fortnight on an agreed day
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
To become a community visitor you must be:
- Aged over 18 years of age
- Have access to transport to meet the the resident
- Be able to meet for one hour every fortnight
- Be willing to undergo an application and orientation process, including obtaining a Nation Police Certificate and any additional training.
- Be able to make a 12 month commitment to visit a resident
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Lutheran Community Care provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in SA and NT through a range of programs. We support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, refugee services and Op Shops.
Sharing time with a resident improves their quality of life and allows them to have an increased sense of purpose when they know someone cares for them. Visitors help to reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.