- Location: Across: Birkdale QLD, Thorneside QLD, Ormiston QLD, Wellington Point QLD
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
A few hours each week
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction and on the job training
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are specifically looking for volunteers who would like to work with dementia residents in our aged care facility in Birkdale, to share a smile and have a chat. You would come to our nursing home once a week to assist with interactive lifestyle activities (craft, games, cards, music, outings, etc). If you are mature, enjoy cross cultural interactions and have the ability to work alongside older adults than this role is for you. Any experience with or knowledge of dementia would be an advantage. Staff is present at all times.
To find out more please phone our Coordinator on 07 3822 0814 - 07 3822 0807 or 'express interest' below and we will phone you.