- Location: Upper Mount Gravatt QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Chose from: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (half days ok), Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 9am-3pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Child Safety, WH&S, Retail Sales
- National Police Certificate *
The YMCA is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. All applicants will be obliged to comply with all safeguarding policy and practice standards.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The YMCA Op Shop has been designed not only to help the community but also support our YMCA Schools' Breakfast Program to ensure school children don't start the day hungry.
Our Op Shop in Upper Mount Gravatt has been operating for over 2 years and is powered by our wonderful group of Volunteers.
We’re looking for people who are:
• Punctual, reliable and honest • Enjoy working as a member of a Team • Have good interpersonal and communication skills • Show empathy and dedication
A Volunteer Retail Assistant with the YMCA will:
• Provide exceptional customer service • Accept donations brought to the shop • Clean and maintain a tidy shop • Enjoy creating displays and Visual Merchandising • Pricing and restocking of merchandise
If you want to help your local community, be part of a productive and happy Team, have fun, meet new people and learn new skills as well as share your skills then we want to hear from you!
The YMCA is Centrelink Approved for those Volunteers with Centrelink workplace obligations (Over 55 with workplace obligations are especially encourage to apply).