- Location: Richmond VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Working with Children Check *
This role is best suited to someone who...
- loves the cooking world; and
- is passionate about supporting the migrant community to empower their lives emotionally and financially.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
SisterWorks is seeking a friendly and reliable volunteer for our Commercial Kitchen in Richmond (Victoria), where migrant women come to produce SisterWorks packaged food products as a way to earn income for themselves. The purpose of this role is to support the Food Production Coordinator and Sister Entrepreneurs with the food production.
- Assist the Food Production Coordinator with supervising the work in the kitchen with a special focus on guiding the Sister Entrepreneurs and maintaining Food Safety standards
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of SisterWorks Inc.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Current Food Safety and Handling certification ideal but not essential
- Working with Children Check (or Police Check). If you do not have either, you can apply for a Working with Children Check for free.
- Available every Monday
- Access to a car and a current Drivers Licence
What you will get: The opportunity to work with women with migrant, asylum seeker and refugee backgrounds, as well as a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. SisterWorks is a close knit community where you can support new Australian women, make connections and friendships and gain work experience.
REQUIRED: To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience and availability to volunteer.