- Location: Felixstow SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Any week days, morning and/or afternoon between 8.30am -3pm
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
ROLE SUMMARY The aim and objective of this role is to provide good service to both customers and Emergency Relief (ER) clients, in a caring and non-judgmental manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve customers, answer telephone.
- Assist ER clients who have appropriate vouchers.
- Keep shop and work area tidy.
- Place “Open/Closed” sign on front door as appropriate.
- Place sandwich board sign out in the morning and remove it when the shop is closed.
- Display new stock in shop, on racks in appropriate areas and complete window displays of items.
- Remove old stock to back sorting room as necessary.
- Ensure there are sufficient folded plastic bags in the shop.
- Ensure there are sufficient “items on hold” sheets in the shop, and notify Manager when more are needed.
- Handle and keep a record of money according to Op Shop procedures.
- Provide service as required in consultation with Shop Manager.
- Provide a welcoming, hospitable atmosphere at all times.
- Promote and adhere to LCC’s Work Health and Safety guidelines.
- Use safe practice if working alone.
- Give notice to the Shop Manager if you are unable to meet your commitments.
- Adhere to and support LCC’s policies and procedures.
- Model ethical behaviour and practice consistent with the Christian ethos of Lutheran Community Care as outlined in the Code of Conduct and stated Values and Philosophy.
- Adhere to LCC’s Service Standards respecting the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families accessing services.
Commitment to regular volunteer service
Ability to be non judgmental and welcoming to people from all cultures and backgrounds
Ability to relate to volunteers and clients with care, courtesy, respect and dignity.
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to show initiative and exercise good time management
Volunteering with LCC is subject to:
A satisfactory National Police Certificate
Safe Place Training
Lutheran Community Care will meet the cost of the special conditions listed above.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.