- Location: Sydney South NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
A minimum of one shift per fortnight. The shift length varies based on operational requirements and will be between 3 – 6 hours long.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Administration & Office Management
Induction and orientation training is provided with regular group training sessions on permanent exhibits and collection. On the job mentoring by experienced guides and Memorial staff.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Welcome visitors and assist in communicating the options they have for their visit.
- Support the guiding staff to conduct large tour groups through the Memorial
- Engage with visitors in exhibition spaces
- Administration tasks
- Assist staff in the Memorial shop
- An interest in military or social history, architecture and art, with a desire to communicate this knowledge to others.
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with people from a range of backgrounds and age groups.
- Experience in the provision of excellent customer service.
- Experience in public speaking.
- The ability to gauge the needs and interests of visitors and respond accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and follow guidance.
- Ability to follow a roster and work independently.
- Ex-Service Personnel are encouraged to apply.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.